GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
NOVA is the most popular primetime science series on American television, demystifying the scientific and technological concepts that shape and define our lives, our planet, and our universe. The PBS series is also one of the most widely distributed science programs around the world, and is a multimedia, multiplatform brand reaching more than 55 million Americans every year on TV and online. NOVA’s important and inspiring stories of human ingenuity, exploration, and the quest for knowledge are regularly recognized with the industry’s most prestigious awards. As part of its mission to make the scientific enterprise accessible to all, NOVA is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its work, from the production process to the range of stories we tell and voices we feature. In addition, science educators across the country rely on NOVA for resources used in the classroom as well as in museums, libraries, and after-school programs. NOVA is a production of WGBH Boston; more information can be found at pbs.org/nova, or by following NOVA on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Interns work closely with NOVA’s digital video team and are expected to have strong research skills and digital video production and editing skills (in Adobe Premiere). A demonstrated interest in science is preferred. Interns learn how NOVA approaches science storytelling from beginning to end. They’ll also have dedicated opportunities to learn from NOVA staff about a range of topics including broadcast production, interactive production, media rights and licensing, and audience development.
- Develop and pitch ideas for digital videos
- Research story components for upcoming videos
- Conduct research interviews with scientists
- Edit videos in Adobe Premiere
- Fact check scripts and treatments
- Participate in editorial meetings
- Interest in science and technology
- Experience editing video and audio in Adobe Premiere
- Strong writing and research skills
- Willingness to collaborate
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on deadline remotely
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
Paid Internship $15/hour
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production, to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative arenas.
2022 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram:
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.