GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
The Lifestyles Production unit within the Studio Six department is responsible for producing programs about cooking, travel, woodworking, gardening, health, music, and other subjects related to contemporary living for national distribution on PBS. Some of the series we produce and oversee include: Simply Ming, Moveable Feast, Weekends with Yankee, Lidia Celebrates America with celebrity chef Lidia Bastianich, among others.
The National Content Development unit within the Studio Six department works on research and development for special projects and new national productions for PBS and beyond.
As an intern for Studio Six, you will be directly involved in a variety of television production processes with both the Lifestyles and National Content Development teams. You will have opportunities to participate in research for new project & recurring series proposals, assist in day-to-day administrative duties in a production unit, and work with experienced professionals in developing new national programs.
While the internship is generally administrative in nature, it offers students an opportunity to gain an understanding of the industry through hands-on experience and learn about developing program ideas from inception to final packaging and presentation.
- Location & talent scouting, environmental scans, and general research.
- Logging, transcribing, and archiving tape.
- Delivering production materials throughout the building; updating and maintaining materials for the Executive and Associate Producers.
- Preparing mail and packages for shipment to other production companies; answering phones and greeting guests.
- Assistance on field shoots; and assisting the department as needed.
- Familiarity with Mac computers
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office; Adobe Creative Cloud, IMDB Pro, and various tape formats are a plus
- Previous experience in college-level production courses
- Excellent organizational, research, writing, and general office skills
- Strong communications skills and creative problem-solving skills
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time)
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative areas.
SPRING 2022 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Spring 2022 Virtual Internship dates: January 24th – April 22nd
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram:
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.