GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
Under the Radar with Callie Crossley is a one-hour news and public affairs program airing weekly on GBH on Sundays from 6-7 pm. The program focuses primarily on local issues and stories that bubble up from hyper-local news outlets. Under the Radar also frequently expands on topical national and wider cultural conversations by drawing in perspectives from a rich landscape of alternative presses, professions, and academia in Boston, culminating in a diverse mix of voices rarely heard elsewhere in public radio.
Under the Radar is seeking an intern to work alongside the Associate Producer on daily production tasks such as pitching potential segment ideas, booking guests, compiling research, and pulling audio to use in show taping. While Under the Radar airs on Sunday, all show production takes place during regular work-week hours (9 AM-5 PM, Monday-Friday).
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Interest in community journalism
- Commitment to highlighting diverse and underrepresented perspectives
- Social media savvy
- Eye for emerging and underreported stories
- Must be a self-starter
- Proven experience in journalism
- Experience in audio production (Adobe Audition, Audacity, or similar)
- Superbly organized and able to manage multiple projects, tasks, and shifting priorities.
- Strong communication skills — written, oral, and listening
- High-level proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge of financial concepts (cash flow, budgeting, etc.)
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and apply them to daily tasks
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work and presentation
- Willing to take appropriate initiative and exercise good judgment to get the job done
- Personal integrity and ability to manage confidential information appropriately
- Willingness to learn
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time)
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative areas.
SPRING 2022 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Spring 2022 Virtual Internship dates: January 24th – April 22nd
- You must have cover letters for each internship that you are applying to.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram:
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.