Job Title: Content Strategist
Who we are:
GeistM is a full-funnel performance marketing company transforming how brands acquire customers at scale. Reaching 94% of the wired population across the globe, GeistM puts the right content in front of the most profitable potential customers. Our proprietary technology, Blackfire, and diverse publisher network is built to develop, launch, and scale content-based marketing campaigns across more than a dozen integrated third-party networks, including Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Outbrain resulting in profitable customer acquisition at scale. GeistM has been named to Crain’s New York Fast 50 and to Inc’s 5000 List for the past three consecutive years.
Location: New York, New York
The role is based in midtown Manhattan, but due to COVID-19, all GeistM employees are working remotely and will be through the foreseeable future
About the Position:
We are looking for a Content Strategist to join our Content team. As a key member of our Content team, you’ll play a role in helping GeistM develop a strategy for promoting our stories on our Blog and social pages.
You’ll be focusing on managing our Geist Blog, tracking website traffic and user engagement, generating new blog post topics. As we work to test LinkedIn as a network for our clients, the Content Strategist will play a key role in content creation and innovation.
What you’ll do:
- Content Creation
- Write 3 content pieces a week for Geist Accounts, as well as, 1-2 Content pieces a week for the Geist Blog;
- Manage quarterly GeistM Blog Content Calendars;
- Utilize knowledge from collaborating with our Strategic Partnerships & Strategic Growth teams to create the GeistM Blogs Content Strategy.
- Manage GeistM LinkedIn and Social Strategy
- Establish and Manage a LinkedIn and Social Media strategy/timeline to grow our following;
- Create and post regularly to company Twitter, Instagram, etc. to target audiences;
- Content Reporting, data, case studies
- Provide quarterly vertical content performance case studies to the larger team
- Each content team member is assigned a vertical to become experts in. They will analyze and put together case studies on top and worst-performing content styles per vertical at the end of every Quarter and provide actionable recommendations to the SG team;
- Network Specialist- LinkedIn
- Lead content innovation and recommendations on content styles to test for LinkedIn;
- Grow and Build GeistM LinkedIn’s Presence
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Marketing, English, Journalism or similar field;
- 2 – 3 years as a Content Creator, Content Manager, or similar role, must provide writing samples;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Experience in writing, proofreading, and editing;
- Experience using social media for business;
- SEO experience is a plus, but not required
Why you should come work with us:
- Great coworkers and a fun collaborative environment;
- Funded by top-tier venture firms;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Many technical and business challenges to solve.
Please share samples of your work (portfolio or links to published articles) along with your application.