The biopharmaceutical industry is on the verge of a digitalization revolution, adopting data-driven R&D approaches in order to develop innovative therapies quicker. Genedata’s market-leading enterprise software is fueling this revolution, enabling both global biopharma giants and cutting-edge biotechs to leverage biopharma R&D data analytics so they can find breakthrough therapies faster and improve outcomes sooner for patients worldwide. Join this digital transformation and help scientists around the world accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D.
About The Role
Are you a computer and information systems administrator? If so, we would like to talk with you as we seek to grow our global IT team which supports our US-based users from our East & West Coast Offices as well as the users in our offices worldwide.
This full-time position is based in our office in Lexington, MA (Boston area) and requires minimal travel (less than 10%).
- Installation and updating software and hardware as needed (Windows and Linux);
- Monitoring, diagnosing, and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Set up accounts for new users (within Active Directory, Exchange, etc.);
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate software and computer equipment;
- Organize and schedule software and hardware upgrades and maintenance;
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging, etc.);
- Coordinate with external service contract providers for hardware repairs that cannot be done in-house;
- Document repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule;
- Supporting global IT projects;
- Office maintenance (assembly of office equipment).
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position;
- Experience with Windows and Linux Operating Systems;
- Experience with Virtual Machine setup, configuration, and maintenance;
- Ability to work with a global team;
- Physically able to lift IT equipment, etc.;
- Must be currently located in the United States;
- Legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer is required.
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company’s operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.