At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships. All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity.
Brooks is seeking a Supply Chain Global Commodity Management intern for a six-month role.
Intern would assist team members regarding a number of opportunities that may include:
- Lead the supply management initiative to decrease the long tail of active suppliers by doing the proper analytics to enable consolidation of parts spend to fewer suppliers where appropriate and removing inactive suppliers from active consideration.
- Special procurement projects: review supplier scorecards to highlight areas of focus for suppliers, expediting material shortages for critical revenue at risk scenarios, tracking down open and clean-up of aged supplier actions requested (SIARs).
- Support a global low-cost region outsourcing project/process for mechanical parts. Participate in a task force to determine an efficient and effective process to move Copy Exact parts much quicker while supporting customer expectations.
Type of Degree (In Progress)/Skills/Unique Capabilities:
- Pursuing Business degree, ideally a Supply Chain Management major.
- Good interpersonal and general communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong Microsoft skills, especially Excel.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Attention to detail.
- Works well with others individually and in a team environment.