At GERSTEL, Inc. our core purpose is to sell sample preparation and introduction systems for chemical analysis with an emphasis on innovative automation, to help our customers, employees and partners have fulfilling and successful careers. Our Service Department is currently looking for a Field Service Engineer to install and support our highly advanced chemical analysis equipment in the Northeast region of the US (NJ, NY, CT, MA) and Canada. Extensive GERSTEL, Inc. product training will be provided to support your success in the position.
Work for a company that is people-focused and understands how important its employees are to the organization. GERSTEL, Inc. knows that the foundation of our company’s success is people. We value teamwork, success, and fun, resulting in a culture that attracts great people. We are energized by challenges and are proud to be part of an organization that is totally committed to excellence and fair dealing.
The ideal candidate will enjoy traveling and engaging with our varied customer base. They will also enjoy learning new analysis techniques and solving difficult technical problems.
Important qualities include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to accurately define problems and then solve them
- Passionate about helping our customers
- Resourcefulness – able to adapt to any situation
- Organized with good attention to detail
- Proactive and engaging
- Customer support experience preferred
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Gas Chromatography experience required
- Mass Spectrometry experience preferred
- Familiarity with Analytical Chemistry
- Travel required: up to 75%, including overnight
- Relevant: 2-5 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- On the road
- May require overnight travel