This position will be a combination of on-site and remote work.
The Getinge Co-op Program is a paid, competitive, full-time program that gives college students interested in the Medical Technology industry the opportunity to work in a challenging and dynamic culture. Working closely with Mentors, Coops and Interns have an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes at a major Medical Device company.
Students will benefit from on the job training and mentoring in their field of study/chosen department. They will participate in professional development events and workshops during their time here. Getinge’s Co-ops and Interns will have the opportunity to build professional relationships and enhance their interpersonal skills. Students should expect to contribute individually and as a team member to support a designated functional area (i.e., Operations, Research & Development, Quality, Engineering, Regulatory, and HR/Training), and work towards goals and objectives assigned by their manager/supervisor.
We are seeking an Intern to assist the Microbiology Department with continuous improvement initiatives for the North American Microbiology Center of Excellence located at the Wayne NJ facility. We are looking for someone who is seeking to develop experience in the medical device industry. Here at Getinge, our microbiology, regulatory, research & development, operations and other teams work together to design and manufacture medical device solutions that can improve the future of patients worldwide.
While supporting the efficiency initiatives the intern will gain knowledge and experience with general microbiology and sterilization (Ethylene Oxide and Radiation) subjects within an FDA regulated medical device industry.
- Support daily laboratory testing preparations
- Assist routine testing
- Support development and implementation of efficiency initiatives
- Develop and implement inventory tracking system
- Develop and implement Turn Around Time (TAT) tracking system
- Develop and implement testing cost analysis and monitoring system
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Completed the sophomore year in school and has some work experience
- Preferred majors include Engineering/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Physics
- Good computer skills including MS Office. Statistical systems applications experience preferred (e.g. Excel and Minitab)
- Self-motivated and able to take direction to perform all necessary duties; Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Able to apply advanced scientific principles.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly.
- Able to work in a team environment, including cross-functional teams, and exert influence without alienating others.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.