Business Development & Operations Intern
Who are we?
Gild Creative Group (GCG) is a strategy and influencer marketing agency, servicing clients who are innovating and elevating the wellbeing of culture. As a leader in the industry, we believe that our work as an agency extends beyond the client brief.
Our mission is to provide superior marketing services to clients working to banish preconceptions and stereotypes about people and embrace curiosity and appreciation of varying cultural backgrounds. We best serve clients who thrive on turning ideas into reality and developing stories that can be shared, appreciated and measured.
What is the role?
This is a deeply strategic position that focuses on GCG’s internal processes and systems, including, but not limited to, sales and lead generation, internal and external operations, client management and team development. If you are strategic, detailed and analytical, and your communication skills are above-average, we are looking for you!
In this role, you will work directly with the operations team, including the Chief Operating Officer, to audit, create and manage company processes, policies and systems in order to increase the company’s efficiency and improve the company’s client service experience. You will also help use these systems to create relevant business development strategies, ranging from client engagement, onboarding and off-boarding. You will also get experience using data to inform our processes and systems in order to make or suggest pertinent changes. Finally, you will help manage our project management system to ensure processes are being executed accurately and timely.
What responsibilities will you own?
- Work with and support the operations leadership team to develop, improve and streamline company processes and systems to improve the client experience and increase company productivity
- Assist with managing client onboarding and offboarding
- Assist with managing current and potential client relationships
- Help design and implement project plans for service launches and other service offerings
- Assist operations leadership with creating strategic plans to improve the company’s business modeling and systems
- Own and manage the company’s project management system and customer relationship system and keep operations leadership up to date on status regarding current projects, developments and deliverables
- Champion, develop, manage and drive key relationships that are critical to the success of our business
- Work directly with operations leadership on company strategy, monetization, operations and research and analysis
- Maintain communication with team members pertaining to reminders for deadlines and next steps with potential clients and existing clients
- Assist operations team with data entry, including working with spreadsheets, presentations, and database applications to generate reports, as needed
Who do we look for?
We are looking for an individual who possesses a proactive, eager-to-learn, hands-on mentality and an eye for leadership. This ideal person holds themselves accountable and takes great pride in their work – just like us. Our team collaborates well with people who are nimble, resourceful and ready to serve our clients.
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Currently enrolled in a four-year college or university
- In good standing at an accredited college or university
- Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business, Operations or Finance or related field
- Strong academic track record
- Experience with project and process management, business strategy or operations preferred
- Junior or Senior grade level or recent graduate preferred
- U.S. citizen
- Able to commit 10-15 hours per week
What will set you up for success?
- High level of accountability (i.e., you’re a self-starter), including the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently
- Proactive with ideas and takes ownership of work
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to present thoughts and ideas clearly
- Superior time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Pays close attention to accuracy and quality work
- Process-oriented and results-driven
- A problem-solver with excellent analytical skills
- Works collaboratively and able to receive and apply feedback
- Keen time-management skills
- Able to tell a story after reviewing data
- Ability to effectively communicate processes and tactics to clients, peers, and junior members of the team
- Ability to handle creating and updating Google docs, spreadsheets, email distributions, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a desire to develop these skills further
- Superb client relationship management skills
- Comfortable with high email volume and daily team communication
- Ability to prioritize a wide variety of tasks and changing deadlines
What are more specific details?
Location: This is a remote position.
Credit: Yes – to be finalized during the offer letter process.
Length: Between 10-15 weeks – to be finalized during the offer letter process.
Hours: 150 hours total (or between 10-15 hours/week) – to be finalized during the offer letter process.
Assignment deadlines: Yes – to be assigned on a weekly or biweekly basis.
How to contact us?
If you fit the bill and want to join our party, please email your resume and portfolio (if applicable) to email@example.com. Please include a short message in the body of your email about why you would be a good fit for our team.