We’re Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA). We’re 45,000 strong, with 30,000 girls and 15,000 volunteers in 178 communities in eastern Massachusetts who believe in the power of every G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™ to change the world. Girl Scouts is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls. It is also a great place to work! We offer amazing opportunities for forward-thinking, talented individuals who share our vision of helping girls and young women change the world for the better. Join our team of dedicated professionals and make a difference in girls’ lives!
GSEMA, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit company, is looking for a full-time Accounting Associate to join our Finance team. The incumbent will report to GSEMA’s Director of Finance. This position will work remotely until GSEMA’s physical offices reopen at which time the position will be based in GSEMA’s Waltham office.
The Accounting Associate will maintain concise, accurate records of GSEMA’s financial accounting transactions utilizing an integrated accounting system. Accounting responsibilities include: accounts payable, cash receipts and reimbursed expense report processing and other accounting functions.
Pay Rate: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
Working hours per week: 33.75 hours while remote work is in place. Hours will increase to 37.50 hours per week at a to-be-determined date.
· Perform accurate and timely completion of daily accounting functions utilizing an integrated accounting system (e.g. accounts payable processing, cash receipts and general ledger journal entries, etc.).
· Perform reconciliations of general ledger accounts and bank accounts, analyze and investigate discrepancies to ensure accurate recording and reporting.
· Maintain supporting schedules, as needed, utilizing Excel spreadsheets.
· Record appropriate department and account codes when processing check requests, accounts payable invoices and other expense report processing.
· Adhere to the council’s internal financial controls and policies to ensure the council’s assets are protected.
· Perform key role in data entry and review of invoices associated with the Account Payable process.
· Process and deposit daily cash receipts and records transactions in the G/L.
· Process reimbursed expense reports in a timely manner, record transactions in the G/L and related applications.
· Prepare financial reports to support data entry and assist with issues from other departments.
· Maintain accurate, detailed and thorough files concerning council financial transactions, records and reporting.
· Maintain confidentiality on behalf of the Girl Scout organization and in accordance with the GSEMA Comprehensive Information Security Program (CISP)
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
· Minimum of two (2) years of accounting courses completed at the undergraduate / college level
· Two plus years of previous accounting work experience is preferred
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows and Office (Excel, Word)
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, works well with team members
· Ability to work independently
· Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills, processes and software applications
· Ability to effectively identify, analyze and solve problems
· Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing
· Ability to handle high volume tasks (e.g. computer data entry)
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; ensures quality of work
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
· View working/collaborating with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ages as an asset; committed to the value of inclusiveness.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift 20 pounds.
Work Environment: This is a remote-work position until physical offices reopen. The position will then be based in Waltham, MA.
To learn more about our council, visit: www.gsema.org
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts offers a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, training opportunities, and much more.
Can’t wait to join our team? To apply, submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations by visiting here:
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
At Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts, we strive to create transformative learning experiences and leadership opportunities for all girls. The threads of diversity and inclusion are woven tightly into our mission of supporting and nurturing girls of courage, confidence and character.
We hold firm in our belief that a culture of diversity and inclusion promotes unity, creates personal and professional growth opportunities for our employees, and supports safety and transformation for our volunteers and girls of all backgrounds.
Diversity and Inclusion is more than an initiative; it’s a set of shared values that defines the fabric of our mission.