ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Glasswing International is an innovative non-profit that addresses poverty and violence through public education, health, and community empowerment programs. Glasswing empowers communities and as well as provides educational and enrichment opportunities for at-risk children and youth in Latin America, the Caribbean, and New York City, enabling them to thrive despite adversity.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Glasswing is seeking an intern to support our growing social media presence. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about Glasswing’s mission and who wants to gain experience at a visible and respected non-profit. This role is ideal for a self-starting, fast learning, and creative individual. The Intern will be part of a small and dynamic communications team, assisting with:
- Development of relevant content and draft posts for social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Tracking engagement and analytics on social media posts
- Supporting management of social media calendar
- Social media marketing and research
- General communications and marketing support
The ideal candidate will have an interest in social good and non-profits generally, and specifically an propensity for social media, marketing, and communications. They should possess a “can-do” attitude, work well with others, multi-task, and work independently at times.
- Current or recent enrollment in graduate or undergraduate degree program with interest in marketing, production, or communications
- Familiarity with digital marketing and fundraising strategies, tools, and best practices
- An understanding of social media strategy
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to adapt writing to a variety of audiences
- Spanish Language fluency is preferred