If you are an upcoming or recent graduate who is entrepreneurial, innovative, and passionate about improving global health through communications and advocacy, the Global Health Strategies (GHS) Junior Associate role offers a unique opportunity for professional growth and learning.
The GHS team is comprised of exceptional communicators, content producers and collaborators who know how to execute efficiently while bringing fresh ideas to their work. They also bring a sense of humor and enjoy having fun.
About the position
Junior Associates work closely with GHS staff to assist in the design and implementation of communications and advocacy strategies for a range of issues in global health. Junior Associates will spend the majority of their time supporting meaningful client work and are also provided opportunities for training, development, and career growth.
- Contribute to the research and writing of strategy memos, media materials and issue briefs
- Monitor and analyze media coverage and advocate conversations about global health issues
- Provide logistics support for conferences, meetings and events that GHS organizes on behalf of clients
- Manage databases of global health media, policymakers and opinion leaders
- Assist GHS staff with project management (e.g., drafting meeting minutes, updating work plans, tracking budgets)
Training and development
- Weekly support with a manager; monthly mentorship with member of the GHS senior management team
- Access to skills trainings, reading list, and lunch and learns with leaders in the global health field
- Potential sponsorship to attend global health events in NYC
- Opportunity to become an expert on a particular issue within global health
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, Global Health, or International Policy
- Clear, concise, and effective communicator and writer
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, and passionate about improving global health
- Demonstrated experience with communications and advocacy on digital media platforms is a big plus
- Internship in a communications or social media capacity at at Global Health organization
- Leadership positions on campus