Candidates will participate in efforts to assess the novelty of various technologies and gain exposure to business, innovation and patent issues. The work involves reviews of patents and literature for the presence of key technologies/product features, analysis of search findings, and generation of reports. The candidate will also gain experience identifying the opportunity space and emerging technical directions in the medical device field. Candidates will play a role in discussions with clients on novelty of new technologies and opportunities, therefore good communication skills are essential.
The entry-level position is ideal for candidates who have a strong interest in cutting edge technologies and strategic issues facing the medical device industries and would like exposure to product development, intellectual property (IP), business development and strategy.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• The position requires strong technical analysis skills and demonstrated ability to meet goals.
• Degree in Biomedical Engineering or related discipline from a leading school
• Excellent analysis and writing skills
• Ability to grasp and interpret new, unfamiliar information quickly
• Interest in constant learning
• Attention to detail and good communication skills
• Exposure to Intellectual Property through coursework or an internship is a plus