Candidates will participate in efforts to assess the novelty of various technologies and implications for product development, innovation, and patent issues. The Associate will review patents and literature for the presence of key technologies/product features, analyze findings, and generate reports. The candidate will also gain experience identifying the opportunity space and emerging technical directions in the medical device field. As candidates will play a role in discussions with clients on novelty of new technologies and opportunities, good communication skills are essential.
This entry-level position is ideal for candidates who have a strong interest in cutting edge technologies and strategic issues facing the medical device industries and would like exposure to product development, intellectual property (IP), business development and strategy. Candidates with 2+ years of relevant experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• The position requires strong technical analysis skills and demonstrated ability to meet goals
• Degree in Biomedical Engineering or related discipline from a leading school
• Excellent analysis and writing skills
• Ability to grasp and interpret new, unfamiliar information quickly
• Interest in constant learning
• Attention to detail and good communication skills
• Exposure to Intellectual Property through coursework or an internship is a plus