Who we are: Go Overseas is the Yelp for programs abroad — we give travelers the information they need to make more informed, educated decisions about which experiences to pursue (study, volunteer, teach, intern, gap year, work abroad, etc). Driven by our company values, we produce travel articles, promote scholarship opportunities, and collect verified reviews from program alumni. Our mission is to empower human connection through perspective-changing travel, and we want your help!
Who you are: Do you love traveling (or have your heart set on doing it as soon as possible)? Do you want to spend the next few months developing your sales and customer service experience by working with a passionate team of mission-driven travelers?
In this internship, your goal will be to assist our Partnerships team in supporting hundreds of our international education and travel clients’ marketing initiatives. You’ll work most directly with the Partnerships Manager and Senior Account Manager to assist with client inquiries, onboarding new clients, monitoring and publishing new reviews, and working in HubSpot to improve overall efficiencies. Your day-to-day will be as varied and exciting as the programs on our site, and you will have the opportunity to grow and take on as much responsibility as your time at Go Overseas will allow.
Your core responsibilities:
- Support non-client providers by responding to inquiries and publishing listings
- Assist the support team in responding to client inquiries
- Review and publish new user reviews
- Collaborate with the Partnerships Manager to automate messaging to engage providers at key moments
- Learn constantly!
- Strong email communication skills
- English proficiency: fluent, native or bilingual
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial, go-getter personality, with a genuine interest in people
- Initiative to take on new projects and bring fresh ideas to our start-up team culture
- Empathetic team player
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Communicative and comfortable with remote work on a distributed team
- Experience in email marketing, customer service and digital marketing (experience with the travel industry is a plus!)
- Ability to commit to ~10-15 hours per week, with the potential for an extended contract in the future
- Earning or completed a bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, business, public relations, communications, or other related field
- Familiarity with key company systems: HubSpot, Google Suite, Asana, Mailchimp, Slack, Canva, Google Analytics
- Experience studying, living or working abroad is a plus!