About Golden Seeds
A discerning group of investors, seeking and funding high-potential, women-led businesses.
It is well documented: Women are starting businesses at record levels, with the ideas, skills and talents to build great companies. Golden Seeds, one of the nation’s largest and most active investment groups, focuses squarely on this high-potential segment.
Since 2005, Golden Seeds’ members have invested over $135 million in 193 women-led enterprises. Golden Seeds has active chapters in Arizona, Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Houston, New Jersey, New York, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley, and active members throughout the country.
The Boston Administrator will provide administrative and event support to the Managing Directors of the Boston Chapter of Golden Seeds, in conjunction with the New York staff. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, discretion, and a good researcher and writer. A strong interest in the development and support for early-stage startups would be beneficial. Attendance at our deal flow meetings and pitch sessions is part of this job. As such, this is a great position for someone who is interested in learning more about early stage investing and entrepreneurship.
The Boston Administrator will report to the Boston Managing Director. This position is for roughly 40 hours per month.
● Coordinate, attend, and host Zoom for monthly Forums (10x per year)
● Coordinate, attend, and host Zoom for monthly Screenings (1 per month)
● Coordinate and host Zoom for monthly Office Hours (1 per month)
● Coordinate company Deep Dives (varies 1-2 per month)
● Coordinate and communicate with New York staff, Boston members, venue organizers, and entrepreneurs
● Serve as communication liaison for scheduling, membership planning and events
● Provide high quality notes during Forum discussion and Screenings
● Assist deal leads and members in managing Deal Rooms for active deals, such as scheduling deal team meetings and loading documents in ProSeeder, etc.
● Maintain member event calendar and announcements
● Ensure that members are empowered with information about Golden Seeds to serve as brand ambassadors
● Spot technology troubleshooting
● Maintain database of deal flow companies
● Assist with planning and organizing 2 annual membership events (e.g. Holiday Party in December and Summer Social in July)
● Bachelor’s degree
● Experience with Zoom
● Exceptional attention to detail
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Comfort working independently
● Strong desire to take initiative, self-motivated, adaptable, and able to problem-solve
● High level of comfort with technology and the ability to learn new software
● Appropriate management of confidential company information with sensitivity and integrity
● Commitment to Golden Seeds’ mission and values: trust, innovation, collaboration, and respect
● Comfort in representing Golden Seeds in the community as a brand ambassador
● Strong interest in early-stage startup development and support
● Previous connections and active role in the startup ecosystem a plus
Location and logistics
Minimal travel to New York may be required (once per year)
Availability on Thursdays is a must, with all other hours flexible. We have one in-person event per month, which requires transportation to Boston.