Geological Engineer (C1) – (19000263)
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Geological Engineerto join our Mine Water team in a Full-Time position at our Phoenix, Arizona office. Reporting to the Group Leader.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Participating in field data collection, planning, and implementation related to geological, geotechnical, and hydrogeological projects. This work may include geologic mapping, geotechnical drilling supervision, borehole logging, installation and maintenance of groundwater wells, hydraulic well testing, surface and groundwater sampling, test pit logging, site reconnaissance, and construction monitoring.
- Performing engineering calculations and analyses using hand and computer-based tools.
- Interpreting geologic, hydrogeologic, and hydrologic data to support numerical modelling related to geological and/or groundwater and contaminant transport assessments.
- Working with engineers, scientists, GIS specialists, and environmental specialists to contribute to larger multidisciplinary projects.
- Assisting with the preparation of technical reports, including writing sections of reports, preparing figures and tables, and working with drafting and administrative staff to produce final reports.
Performing the above duties, and others assigned, under the direction of intermediate and senior consultants
- Bachelor’s degree in geological or civil engineering.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude, and the ability to work both independently and as part of teams.
- Effective communicator, including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to perform a variety of tasks as needed to complete an assignment and satisfy project demands.
- Master’s degree.
- Interest and willingness to participate in field programs; operate and maintain field testing and monitoring equipment; and travel locally, to remote locations, and internationally.
- Strong geotechnical soils laboratory and field skills, and demonstrated applications of geologic principles and quantitative hydrogeology
- Strong computer skills and experience with industry standard commercial computer software including: Microsoft Excel and Access, ArcGIS, and various geo-engineering software (i.e. slope stability, rockfall analysis, etc.).
- Previous Health and Safety training, including First Aid and current OSHA HAZWOPER and MSHA certification.
- EIT Designation or PE Designation
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure – own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.
Experience (Minimum Yrs.): 0