Golin is a progressive public relations agency designed to reach the profoundly diverse market. Inclusion is a core value for Golin and we are focused on establishing a culture that is intentionally inclusive, potently diverse and uncompromisingly equitable. Our expertise ranges from brand-building and cutting-edge digital content, to corporate reputation, healthcare advocacy and measurement. Golin aligns earned-first, data-driven creative with the customer journey through our collaborative G4 Model to deliver maximum impact for clients. Our roster includes many of the largest CPG, retail, food, technology and consumer service companies in the world.
Golin Chicago is looking for a Copywriter Intern to join our team of creatives to develop bold and compelling creative ideas for a wide range of clients. You’ll be working on digital content, earned media campaigns and experiential concepts designed to drive engagement, conversation and media attention – alongside everything else that comes with working in a modern communications agency. If you’re passionate about big ideas, disruptive content, sparking conversation and developing ideas that drive change about working in a progressive agency and experiencing a wide range of opportunities, this is for you.
What are you waiting for? Our paid, full-time internship begins Monday, June 14, 2021 and concludes Friday, December 17, 2021, and is designed to give you the authentic experience of working in an agency. Check out the requirements below and apply today.
As the Copywriter Graduate Intern, you will:
- Writing copy for social content, brand manifestos, pitch-ready concepts, client presentations – across a mix of owned and earned channels
- Contribute to brainstorms for engaging ideas
- Edit existing copy to fit specific mediums
- Attend and collaborate on briefs from existing and prospective clients – developing a wide range of compelling ideas
- Write compelling messaging
- Have a passion for great copywriting and think in terms of big ideas with a strong knowledge of social content
- Respond to feedback and direction to complete the task
- Keep version control of copy docs
- You must be a college graduate, with a degree in Creative Writing, or something similar, or have studied at a portfolio school
- A champion of diverse talent who proactively cultivates an inclusive culture and uses cultural competence to drive agency and client’s business forward
- Solid writing, grammar, and punctuation skills
- Detail-oriented with exceptional time-management skills
- Ability to know how to prioritize and balance multiple projects
- Conceptual writer (i.e., able to convey ideas and concepts through copy)
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Well versed in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- You must be a college graduate or have obtained your degree by June 2021.
- You must be available to work a full-time schedule, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Central Time.
- Submit a copy or send a link to a PDF portfolio of relevant work through the careers page application posting by EOD Friday, April 23, 2021. *If you do not, your application will not be considered.
Golin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.