Good Counsel Services, Inc.: Legal [Intern/Extern]
Good Counsel, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit legal advocacy and education organization serving social impact leaders and based in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan at the Centre for Social Innovation, is seeking legal interns/externs for the fall semester. Of note, at this time Good Counsel is unable to offer paid internship/externship positions; however, we are happy to work with students’ schools for academic credit or sponsoring organizations to secure outside funding.
Good Counsel works to create white papers and webinars for the non-attorney, social impact leader and also provides affordable direct one-on-one services. In addition to the largely transactional work that Good Counsel Services focuses on, our attorneys also occasionally take on immigration clients, such as asylum seekers, to help fill a growing legal need in our society.
- legal research and writing on a wide array of legal areas (employment, IP, corporate governance, compliance, tax, etc.) facing 501(c)(3) organizations, benefit corporations, and other business entities
- participating in client intake interviews and client meetings and conducting client outreach where appropriate
- review and organization of documents
- writing and/or editing of presentation materials on legal topics for webinars for social impact leaders
- writing and/or editing of white papers
- grant research and writing
**If desired, a legal intern/extern can choose to focus on one area of law or a wide variety of areas.
Candidates should be detail-oriented, have excellent communication and organizational skills, be proficient at legal research and writing, have the ability to work autonomously or with a team. This is an ideal position for a law student, or a student interested in pursuing law, who wants exposure to social impact ventures and the legal issues they can involve.
Please forward a resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript, and short writing sample (8 pages maximum) to Vikrant Sunderlal Chandel (email@example.com).
Good Counsel will contact applicants who have been selected for an interview.