The analyst will work in conjunction within the practice group team to provide full analytical support. This includes applying business knowledge and experience to build up valuation models, conduct and apply research, and communicate the results of appraisals in narrative documents.
We are currently looking to fill a role in the Consumer Products Inventory department within the Valuations Division. The Analyst is responsible for a high degree of proficiency in analyzing all quantitative data, determining clients’ industry positions and financial performance, and organizing the solutions that will lead to the successful completion of projects.
In this role, you will:
- Provide analytical support for valuations, which includes due diligence, analysis, and data collection to ensure the accuracy of supplied information.
- Work in accordance with established methodology and utilize standard models and templates with direction.
- Assist with researching the consumer products or other market sectors.
- Handle multiple projects with the support of a team, in a friendly learning environment.
- Communicate directly, as instructed, with bank clients and appraised companies to understand company-provided information and operational challenges.
- Perform company and industry analysis on key performance indicators such as inventory productivity, gross margin, and operating expenses to help determine value.
- Develop a qualitative understanding of nuances that may affect asset values, and review findings with company management and clients.
- Produce final appraisal report of quantitative and qualitative findings.
- Maintain Gordon Brothers’ Appraisal Application database to ensure accurate and timely contact, company, and recovery information.
- Participate in travel, job inspections, and/or client meetings with a senior-level Appraiser. This will include taking photographs of assets and providing notes or dictation.
- Provide additional analysis support as requested by management.
- Become proficient in and adhere to USPAP standards, particularly as they apply to industrial inventory valuations.
- Uphold Gordon Brothers’ Core Values and contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the strategic plan.
- 1-3 years of experience in a consumer packaged goods company or financial institution.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Bachelor of Science, with a concentration in business, finance, accounting or economics
- Strong and demonstrated MS Excel and MS Word skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of financial statement data including income statements and balance sheets
- Excellent organizational skills along with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently
- Self-motivated with the ability and willingness to manage multiple projects with a close attention to detail
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Periodic travel of up to 25% may be required
Gordon Brothers offers a very competitive total compensation package, including base salary and bonus plan, health insurance, dental benefits, a generous 401(k) match, time off benefits, and more.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact the Human Resources department if you have a disability and need reasonable accommodation with any part the application process. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Gordon Brothers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.