The Data Analyst possesses a strong background in data analytics and will be able to produce metrics-driven reports and recommendations to advise cross-functional government teams on a diverse scope of high-impact projects. Using their exceptional analytical abilities, they will drive the creation of legislation, amend current or proposed policies, design new algorithms and reporting mechanisms, and much more.
Why This Work Matters:
The GFA Data Analyst is a critical member of any government project team. They utilize and manage datasets to provide key insights, which will shape policy and functionality of integral projects with financial, production, community health and other wide-ranging implications.
Data Analysts can help an agency identify fraud, analyze data and communicate statistical findings to illuminate a systemic problem, or predict future outcomes and potential impacts of legislation and governmental projects. GFA Data Analysts understand the intersection of data science and public policy and the importance of both when it comes to creating meaningful change and community impact.
What You’ll Do:
The Govern For America Data Analyst will have a different job every day. Some of the most critical aspects of the job may include:
- Monitor changes in laws, policies, and regulations and proactively produce data-driven recommendations and insights
- Maintain databases and retrieve and analyze necessary data for diverse scope government projects
- Ensure data and systems integrity and implement quality control measures
- Analyze financial, production, productivity, performance, and other data to answer key questions with government stakeholders and partners
- Design and develop compelling data models, visualizations, and statistical and narrative reports to deliver actionable insights and effectively communicate recommendations
- Identify and investigate data, reporting inefficiencies and implementing solutions to correct source problems
- Proficiency in SQL, SAS, GIS or other data analytics tools
- Experience with reporting and analytics with data analysis, extraction, and manipulation
- Must be able to analyze data to identify trends, inefficiencies and provide recommendations for cost, quality, access initiatives
- Strong analytical, organization, communication skills and able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
- Proactive team player who can work independently with minimal supervision