The Communications and Digital Storytelling intern will be a member of the GFA Recruiting and Selection team and will report to the Recruitment and Selection Manager. This person will work in a diverse set of areas including communications, recruitment, social media, and research. This individual’s work will help GFA grow its application pool and improve brand recognition. This member of the recruitment team will be responsible for virtual event-planning, social media strategy and execution, and GFA Fellowship recruitment collateral design and will work alongside the Recruitment and Selection Manager and CEO.
Govern For America is a startup nonprofit working to build the next generation of public sector leaders. Through a two-year paid fellowship, we recruit, train, and connect exceptional recent graduates to high-impact roles in government and empower them to transform the systems that we interact with on a daily basis. We imagine a world where our most dynamic young leaders see government as an avenue for meaningful change, and our governments reflect the values and diversity of our nation. GFA believes that by engaging America’s top talent we can better meet the needs of all residents while revitalizing public service as an attractive career path for recent graduates and building a diverse leadership pipeline into government.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-design virtual recruitment strategy and logistics
- Research Fall 2021 career fairs and track upcoming events and costs
- Develop GFA collateral, including: infographics, web copy, press releases, newsletters, etc.
- Design 2021 recruitment and selection graphics
- Plan and design social media content
- Compile a twice weekly media roundup of stories related to GFA’s mission and source content to share on GFA social channels
- Package content from GFA fellows for distribution through GFA channels
- Pitch media outlets on GFA stories
- Data analysis skills – proficiency with Excel/ Google Sheets
- Self-starter/able to work with minimal supervision/instruction
- Able to navigate competing priorities/deadlines and work under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely
- Proficiency with graphic design tools (e.g Adobe or Canva)
- Experience designing social media posts for Instagram, LinkedIn
- Experience using Squarespace or other website editing tools
- Experience designing social media posts for Twitter and Facebook
This is a part-time internship. Our ideal candidate will be able to commit 15 hours per week from July 12th to August 27th. Interns can be paid by stipend or receive credit through their college/university.
Please apply using this form. The deadline to apply is May 10, 2021.