GovExec is the leading information services company serving government leaders and contractors. GovExec’s brands and platforms include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One, Route Fifty, City & State New York, City & State Pennsylvania, and The Atlas for Cities, all of which hold market-leading positions in their respective sectors.
The Events Marketing Associate will be a member of the Events Marketing Team, which is responsible for audience recruitment for all live and digital events at GovExec. This is an entry level position tailor-made for those who enjoy copywriting, social media, market research and audience engagement. The Events Marketing Associate is responsible for executing comprehensive marketing strategies, which include email and social media marketing, digital advertising, and more. The role will report directly to the Events Marketing Director.
While GovExec staff are currently working remotely, this position will ultimately be based in Washington, DC.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns focused on successful audience recruitment based on client goals
- Create engaging marketing copy across emails and social media to recruit event registrants and attendees
- Employ email best practices for send times, subject lines, list segmentation, format and deliverability. Assess open rates and click-through rates to shape email distribution strategy
- Manage communication with internal and external stakeholders to establish and exceed program objectives
Prerequisite Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter, capable of owning projects, but also works well within a team environment
- Ability to balance numerous projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Proven ability to learn new skills and technology on the fly
Additional Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Experience with HTML and email marketing
- Experience with social media marketing
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Gmail, Google Drive
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite is a plus
- Past marketing or events internship
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates (“GovExec”) are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.