As the market-leading information platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Reaching over 2.8 million government influencers each month, GovExec’s brand and platform portfolio includes Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One, Route Fifty, The Atlas for Cities, City & State New York, and City & State Pennsylvania.
GovExec is seeking an agile, organized, creative individual to join our team. The Graphic Design Intern will be a critical player in producing various materials including but not limited to ad suites, social media graphics, digital event collateral, PowerPoint templates, whitepapers/interactive PDFs and eBooks. This position will report directly to the Creative Director.
GovExec staff are currently working remotely due to COVID-19. This role is based out of our Washington, DC office, but permanent remote work can be accommodated in select states. This is a three-month internship, open to full or part-time hours.
- Produce various deliverables from our product suite that include but are not limited to: ad suites, social media graphics, digital event collateral, PowerPoint templates, whitepapers/interactive PDFs and eBooks
- Collaborate with teammates on the design team, internal stakeholders, and external clients
- Apply a strong design eye and make design decisions on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Self Starter with strong collaboration skills
- Strong design eye and open to feedback to improve the overall creative
- Multitasker with an interest to work on on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite and Powerpoint. Experience in Figma, WordPress or HTML5 + CSS and/or UX/UI is a plus. Print experience is also a plus.
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application submission.
GovExec recruits talent for four salient attributes or qualities:
- Soul of Entrepreneurship
- Culture of Inclusion
- Force of Ideas
- Spirit of Generosity
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates (“GovExec”) are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.