GovExec is the leading information services company serving government leaders and contractors. GovExec’s brands and platforms include Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One, Route Fifty, City & State New York, City & State Pennsylvania, and The Atlas for Cities, all of which hold market-leading positions in their respective sectors.
GovExec is seeking an entrepreneurial, creative, analytical and driven marketer to join our team. The Performance Marketing Manager will be a critical player in achieving GovExec’s aggressive growth plans and will be primarily responsible for developing and executing a demand generation architecture that will support business efforts across the company’s portfolio.
While GovExec staff are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will ultimately be based in Washington, DC.
- Prospect lead development. Define and execute marketing strategies to reach net-new B2B prospects and to drive in-bound inquiries and leads, including but not limited to email marketing campaigns.
- Customer and prospect nurturing. Enable cross-selling among current customers through relevant nurturing programs that drive retention and increase overall value of each customer. Concurrently, develop programs for new prospects that warm and ultimately increase conversion rates.
- Demand generation operations. Set up landing pages and back-end routing mechanics that enable leads to be acted on and converted at high rates. Salesforce experience is preferred.
- Experimentation and measurement. Investigate and test new channels to communicate with existing and prospective customers and measure the impact of each initiative and campaign while developing ways to scale.
- Work cross-functionally. Align with product, sales, creative and brand teams to meet ambitious growth targets.
- Developing the strategy and executing email campaign deployments
- Building lead forms and establishing back-end routing to ensure the right leads are sent to the correct sales representative
- Collaborating with the sales team to understand lead targets; build marketing and budgeting plans that map to those requirements
- Developing strategies to drive in-bound inquires and improving email list segmentation
- Orchestrating testing efforts and evaluating campaign performance to build iteration and optimization into all marketing efforts
- Bachelor’s degree coupled with 2-4 years of professional marketing experience, preferably in demand generation oriented positions
- Proven track record in developing marketing programs that drive sales and marketing qualified leads at scale
- Strong technical marketing skills, with deep knowhow in executing database marketing and paid advertising campaigns
- Strong analytical background, with an understanding of conversion tracking and revenue attribution
- Self starter who is capable of and enthusiastic about owning projects with minimal supervision.
- Creativity and a high degree of organization skills
- Experience with CMS and database platforms, as well as email marketing platforms (Salesforce, Pardot preferred)
- Experience in government market or advertising agency preferred
- Strong skills in MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application submission.
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates (“GovExec”) are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.