As the market-leading information platform, for over fifty years GovExec has empowered the government ecosystem to engage and support government leaders as they work to achieve their missions across federal, defense, and state and local agencies. Reaching over 2.8 million government influencers each month, GovExec’s brand and platform portfolio includes Government Executive, Nextgov, Defense One, Route Fifty, The Atlas for Cities, City & State New York, and City & State Pennsylvania.
GovExec Events seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and service-minded Program Associate to join our team and contribute to the growth, development, and production of a wide range of events and programs focused on the SLG (state and local government) market.
The Program Associate will join the growing GovExec Events team to play a key role in supporting the development of editorial and custom event content creation and programming, marketing, and logistics for events across our SLG brands, including Route Fifty, The Atlas, and City & State.
While GEMG staff are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will ultimately be based in Washington, DC.
Build an expertise in state and local government, including technology, infrastructure, public safety, and digital transformation, and leverage this knowledge across the following areas:
- Consult with editorial teams and clients to develop written summaries, event overviews, and agendas that translate journalism in an engaging manner for SLG audiences
- Create event invitations, locate contact information, and book SLG speakers for a variety of events independently and part of larger event project teams
- Support events content team in pre-event moderator and speaker prep via research and scheduling
- Build SLG community through in depth research
- Create and execute email marketing campaigns to drive event registration
- Support audience development team in building SLG database
Logistics / Production
- Set up and execute digital events using platforms such as On24, Zoom, and WebEx
- Support events logistics team in vendor management and digital strategy
- Interest in SLG market, operations, personnel, and news
- Strong writing, editing, and research skills in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to learn new event platforms and marketing tactics quickly
- Ability to manage complex and fast-changing program elements and prioritize effectively in response
- Persuasive communication skills and self-possession in presentation
- Flexibility and ability to push through indecision and ambiguity to deliver results
- Entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiative, high-quality service delivery, and ownership of work
- Ability to forge strong relationships with clients and internal stakeholders
- True service ethic, spirit of generosity, and gracious sense of humor
Government Executive Media Group, Inc. and its affiliates (“GovExec”) are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by applicable law.