Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
· Help develop and implement strategies to encourage the protection of the rights of older persons – Sustainable Development Goals, Open Ended Working Group on Ageing, World Health Organization, Titchfield City Group on Ageing Statistics, and other global initiatives.
· Assisting in administrative duties for the “virtual” 2o2o High Level Political Forum which convenes annually to review progress of the Sustainable Development Goals.
· Raising awareness of the relationship between COVID and nursing home policy.
· Assessing the feasibility of developing Gray Panthers chapters around the world.
· Assist in advocacy and research projects regarding the concerns of older persons at the United Nations
· Developing a global database of advocates and organizations dedicated to the rights of older persons.
· Research – Understanding of academic research methods
· Strong writing ability
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to work closely with project leaders, yet independently
· Good interpersonal skills
· This summer, interns will need to work collaboratively and often independently.
CONTACT Jack Kupferman firstname.lastname@example.org 917 535 0457
At the United Nations, there are several global policy initiatives to improve the quality of life for older persons, including working toward a Global Human Rights Treaty and for effective implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals. Organizations representing the Ageing Community are working strategically to lobby for positive outcomes. To support this effort, this unpaid internship will focus on:
1. Gathering information, through research, writing, attending meetings and elsewhere to allow project leaders to develop and execute effective advocacy strategies.
2. The global blueprint for development – the Sustainable Development Goals has been adopted. There is much remaining advocacy and preparation to be done regarding the concerns of older persons in that framework.