Gray Panthers, NYC Network (www.graypanthersnyc.org) seeks an intern for
DURATION Maximum of 4 Months
· Develop and Implement Strategies to improve the Organizational Capacity of the Grass Roots Organization, Gray Panthers, NYC Network, such as Fund Raising, Membership, Technology, Strategic Thinking
· Implementing our new initiative – Honoring Nursing Home Lives – The Covid Tragedy. Nursing Home Transformation.
· Develop strategies for Social Media, Digital Presence and Newsletter
· Key Strategist and Organizers
o Help Preserve Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid.
o Confronting Ageism
o Generations in the Workplace
· Assist in advocacy projects regarding the concerns of older persons in NYC
· Research – Understanding of academic research methods
· Strong writing ability
· Ability to work closely with project leaders, yet independently
· Good interpersonal skills
· Interns will need to work collaboratively and often independently.
CONTACT Jack Kupferman email@example.com 917 535 0457
Please include a cover letter.
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
Gray Panthers believe in active engagement. Mission Statement – Activism and Advocacy Against Ageism. The Gray Panthers envisions a world where the old and the young have much to contribute to make our society more just and humane, and in which each reinforces the other in goals, strategy and action.