Working closely with Green Century’s marketing staff, the intern(s) will be responsible for promoting Green Century’s Funds, with particular focus on Green Century’s new international fund through primarily website and digital marketing and design materials. This experience will offer the intern(s) the opportunity to learn about marketing a new product in the socially responsible investing space as well as web and digital marketing.
We will provide training on marketing strategy, media tracking and follow-up, social media work, basics of the mutual fund industry, and web content. The intern(s) will also be exposed to the burgeoning field of environmentally and socially responsible investing.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Updating and creating new website pages
- Grow and update the media database
- Draft content for press releases and website pages
- Find and evaluate photos and images for use in marketing materials
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations around the new fund and our impact work
- Assist in outreach around new tools, press releases, webinars, etc.
- Work with social media to enhance Green Century’s role and recognition
- Assist shareholder advocacy staff in preparing for corporate environmental campaigns
- Research and analyze areas of environmental risk facing various industries in order to identify those companies most at risk
- A demonstrated interest in environmentally responsible business and socially responsible investing
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; advanced skilled preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Marketing, messaging, writing or communications experience
- An ability work both as part of a team as well as deliver independent projects
The position will require a minimum of 15 hours per week up to 20 hours per week in the spring and fall, and between 30 to 40 hours per week in the summer. Office hours are 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday. Intern(s) must complete work within that time frame and on a regular schedule. Days are flexible depending on student schedule and program needs. Internships run for 12 weeks between January and May in the spring, May and August in the summer, and September and December in the fall.
The position is compensated through the MassCEC Internship Program for those who qualify. Candidates must be registered through the MassCEC internship program database.
Send a cover letter, résumé, and work or writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify position and time frame in subject line.
DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATION
Green Century Capital Management, Inc. (GCCM) administers the Green Century Funds, the first family of no-load environmentally responsible fossil fuel free mutual funds. Founded and wholly owned by non-profit advocacy organizations, GCCM is dedicated to promoting an environmentally sustainable economy. The Green Century Funds put their investors’ money to work for cleaner air, cleaner water, and greater corporate environmental responsibility.
The Green Century mission:
- Provide environmentally responsible investing opportunities for those who care about the planet while seeking competitive returns
- Promote corporate environmental responsibility through a comprehensive and sustained shareholder advocacy program
- Support the advocacy and public interest work of GCCM’s founding non-profit organizations by generating revenue to fund their programs
LOCATION 114 State Street, Suite 200, Boston, MA 02109