Regional Director Position at Greenheart Exchange:
Type: Full time salary employee
Hours: 40+ hours/week
Location: Nationwide, work from home
Greenheart Exchange is seeking individuals with previous work experience as a Regional Manager, Director or similar level within a cultural exchange organization. Applicants without prior experience in the industry will not be considered.
Greenheart Exchange has J-1 designation by the U.S. Department of State to bring international high school students to the United States through our J-1, F-1 and Short Terms Programs, to live with host families. The Regional Director position is a crucial leadership position within the High School Programs department, by supervising a team of 20-50 Local Coordinators, and 75-100+ exchange students every year.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Build and supervise a team of Local Coordinators (independent contractors) to facilitate the timely placement of J-1 and F-1 exchange students with host families, who will attend high school for a semester or full academic year.
· Work with Local Coordinators and the Greenheart Short Term Programs department to ensure placement of all Independent Homestay and Group participants.
· Provide support for field network in any on program student support issues, with the aid of the Greenheart office staff, including Program Managers and Student Counselors.
· Create a development plan for the region, which includes recruitment and regional training meeting for LCs.
· Maintain compliance with Department of State regulations by ensuring local coordinators provide the necessary documentation via the database for all students placed in the region (proper host families, host family information forms and school permission forms, contact logs, etc)
· Work closely with the staff in the Chicago office through regular email, phone, and skype communication.
- Previous experience working with a cultural exchange organization
- Ability to lead and guide a dispersed team
- Self-motivated, creative and organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outgoing personality and enthusiasm for international exchange
- Excellent computer skills with competence in Microsoft Office Suite, eager to learn and use new technology, previous database skills a plus
- Previous work in the field of student exchange and/or youth counseling
- A genuine desire to contribute to an organization that promotes cultural exchange and environmental consciousness
· Work from home
· National and international travel with Greenheart Exchange to trainings, regional workshops, and annual incentive conferences
· Bonuses provided for regional growth and meeting placement goals
· Opportunity to change lives every day through international exchange, professional development and life-long friendships!
Compensation: Commensurate with experience plus benefits package
A cover letter and resume is required for your application to be considered.
Due to the volume of applications processed, we ask that you do not call Greenheart International regarding this position. All qualified applicants will be contacted.
Greenheart International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.