The Staff Accountant assists the Finance team in the accounting for a business unit within the Controller’s Group.
- Participate in the monthly close of a business unit, including the accurate preparation of the balance sheet, income statement and trial balance
- Prepare monthly journal entries (standards, accruals)
- Investigate and document fluctuations in budget to actual variance analysis
- Prepare monthly analysis and reconciliations of assigned general ledger accounts on a timely basis, ensuring reconciling items are resolved
- Identify and investigate missing intercompany invoices, working with business unit personnel as needed to resolve timely
- Record intercompany payable invoices
- Distribute intercompany receivable invoices and support
- Chase intercompany partners for payment on overdue receivable invoices
- Responsible for the submission of intercompany information to parent company via consolidation software (SAP / Cartesis)
- Maintain compliance with section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act by following predefined procedures
- Prepare supporting documentation for both external and internal audits
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- BS in Accounting
- 0-2 years of public or private accounting experience
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to investigate and resolve problems
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Microsoft AX, Perceptive, SAP / Cartesis, Donovan Data Systems / Mediaocean, Workday a plus
GroupM is the world’s leading media investment company responsible for more than $63B in annual media investment through agencies Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. GroupM’s portfolio includes Data & Technology, Investment, and Services, all united in vision to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people. By leveraging all the benefits of scale, the company innovates, differentiates and generates sustained value for our clients wherever they do business.
GroupM and all its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.