GrowthLab is a Finance-as-a-Service company. Our aspiration is to become an extension of our customer’s leadership team. We are entrepreneurial and strategic. Our number one goal is to help drive customer’s strategic, financial, and operational objectives.
The FP&A Analyst will be an intricate member of the Strategic Business Services team. This new team member will play a critical role in meeting the financial planning and analytical needs of our entrepreneurial, emerging growth, and turnaround-situation customers. this role begins with the intent of grooming an analyst into a CFO. The skillsets acquired during this time prepare the individual to not only analyze and plan, but also manage much of a business financial picture. This individual will be detail-oriented, enthusiastic, proactive, confident, and have the ability to “manage up”.
A Day in the Life of the FP&A Analyst
The mission of this role is to help our customers grow their business’ and achieve their aspirations as business owners and entrepreneurs. The day-to-day activities will be varied, and will include the following;
- Be a key business partner to Sales, Marketing, Operations and Human Resources Departments in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, identifying risks and opportunities to the business.
- Support our customers and SBS team in short and long-term planning and modeling aimed at identifying and communicating risks and opportunities and options to inform strategies and decision making in the achievement of financial goals and objectives.
- Create monthly financial reporting packages delivered to the senior leadership and executive team. Includes the reporting, forecasting and review of business unit overhead expenses.
- Responsible for the review and evolution of processes and procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiencies and monitor, develop and implement best practices in financial models and management reporting.
What you’ll bring:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Project Management
- Ability to build relationships, align and influence
- Your strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with a passion for results
- Leadership experience with strategic financial planning activities, driving efficiency/process enhancement
- Your energy for working in a dynamic, collaborative, fast-paced environment, and handling several projects at a time
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint proficiency
- Willingness to build a deeper understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Ability to work independently and productively, and thrive in a loosely-structured entrepreneurial environment