Want to Work for a Different Type of Software Company? Join the Guidewire team!
At Guidewire, we pride ourselves on our inclusive and collaborative company culture. As part of our intern program, our experienced UX team will train and mentor you as you engage in meaningful work on our industry leading software products.
We live by our core values every day – COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, RATIONALITY.
Collegiality – We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We happily welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity – We insist on candid relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality – We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never take the assumption that we are building software the “best” way, and continuously seek to improve our processes.
Who are we and what do we do?
Guidewire is a rapidly growing software company that delivers the industry standard platform that Property and Casualty insurers rely upon to stay ahead of the curve in a time of accelerating change. We provide software, services, and partner ecosystem that empower our customers to run, differentiate and grow their business.
Love solving sticky problems? Excited about crafting innovative solutions for global software? Interested in working on products that touch everyone’s lives? We are a close-knit and multidisciplinary UX team working to make cloud software that is at the forefront of the insurance industry. Committed to inclusion and diversity in skills and talent, as diverse as the global clients we serve, our success is dependent on building teams that include people from divergent backgrounds and experiences who will support and challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives.
Our team tackles a variety of domains within the world of Property and Casualty insurance – from building and managing continuous integrations for various cloud products to claims to big data and analytics, we design solutions that help insurance companies solve real business problems with useful and delightful experiences for both enterprise and customer facing products.
Why join Guidewire UX?
You will be involved in fast paced and challenging design projects for insurance software which supports global insurance carriers throughout the world. (With high visibility both internally and externally to customers) Your work environment will be creative, dynamic and your design work will have reach and impact on a scale to some of the world’s largest insurers and their users.
As an Intern, you will work directly with members of the design team and other teams cross-functionally. You will have the opportunity to learn our design structure and uncover business requirements to design enterprise solutions. You will partner with our global UX team on specific enterprise design challenges and participate in conversations with a diverse group of key business stakeholders as part of a productive, enjoyable, and collaborative environment. We would love for you to be familiar with design thinking, lean and agile approaches to creating software, and bring a commitment to continuously learn and improve.
To be considered you should be a student currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in Interaction or other HCI Design-related field, with an expected graduation date of Spring 2022. Your experience and skills with the following will be helpful:
- Passion for designing applications that balance user needs, commercial interests, and technological constraints.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design tools and research methods.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an ambiguous and dynamic environment and comfortability with non-hierarchical organizations.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in complex data and data visualization a plus.
How We Work:
- Build on each other’s ideas: We are committed to creating synergy and allowing for ‘ah-ha’ moments.
- Open and honest: We’re a healthy workgroup that respectfully debates at times and are committed to figuring it out. We aim for our conversations to be positive as well as productive.
- Learning and curiosity: There’s power in knowing what you don’t know and then filling in the knowledge gaps. Whether that be design or domain-related—The sky’s the limit!
- Confidence with humility. We value your thoughts and insights and recognize there are a lot of smart people we work with on our teams.
- Coachable and teachable. A growth mindset is critical to the best performing teams. Our commitment to every designer is to provide learning opportunities that both match and stretch their skills.
Things we love as Guidewire Designers:
- Thinking strategically and delving into the details of both the experience and technology.
- Analyzing diverse inputs and finding patterns in complexity.
- Designing useful, usable, and valuable omnichannel experiences.
- Executing innovative, and scalable solutions based on our Design System, Jutro.
- Achieving awesome results in the enterprise software market through well designed and engaging experiences.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it’s applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.