We are seeking an Assistant/Associate Publicist to work closely with the Executive Director of Publicity in a very active department with a dynamic publishing program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support on a wide array of books by high-profile authors
- Create innovative press materials including press releases, pitch letters, Q&A’s and bios Develop and maintain relationships with broadcast, print and online media to secure reviews and features.
- Coordinate and execute media campaigns, implement review copy mailings and manage media lists.
- Cultivate and maintain author relationships.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other departments – editorial, marketing, sales, etc.
- General administrative duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A. or B.S. in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or related field
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working in a professional public relations or media environment
- Effective communication skills (oral & written) for interactions with media, authors and in-house constituencies
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Ability to work well independently as well as in collaborative team environments
- Effective organizational and project management skills
- Good writing skills are VERY important, as well as the ability to multi-task and be flexible, think on your feet and be ready to try anything.
- Must be competent on a number of social media networks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Knowledge of social media and Cision Media or Muckrack database a plus.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.