Hachette Books, an imprint of Perseus Books, a Hachette Book Group company, is seeking an intern in our Art Department, running from September-December 2021.The paid internship is 16-20 hours per week, at $15 per hour. As an Art Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings.
Who you are:
- A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing and majoring or minoring in graphic design.
- Interested in learning about all aspects of the cover design process, from concepting to designing to finalizing files for print.
- Must be detail-oriented, have strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Must have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
What you’ll do:
- Learn the cover design processes (including image research, working with an art director, and observing jacket meetings)
- Jacket and cover mechanical production and routing
- Filing and other administrative duties as necessary (such as invoicing and meeting preparation).
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume, cover letter, and a sample of your work as a PDF or a link to your portfolio.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation of $15/hour. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.