The PublicAffairs and Bold Type Books imprints of Hachette Book Group are seeking a Marketing Intern to join their team, and assist on a variety of nonfiction titles, in subjects like politics, history, social justice, feminism, and memoir. This internship would begin in September and end in December.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a strong interest in reading and promoting nonfiction books
- Has excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Possesses a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
- Has an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Has a strong focus on details and deadlines
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- WordPress, social media, or design experience is preferred, but not required
What you will work on:
- Assist in marketing research for our forthcoming books
- Help to maintain and update our website
- Help manage social media and editorial calendars
- Assist in developing content for direct-to-consumer marketing initiatives
- Help keep track of deadlines and requirements
- General administrative duties
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.