Hachette Nashville, a division of Hachette Book Group, is seeking a Marketing/Publicity Intern. The internship will run from September – December and allow interns to work 20 hours per week.
As a Marketing/Publicity Intern for Hachette Nashville, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings. Hachette Nashville has 5 imprints: Centerstreet, FaithWords, Worthy, Ellie Claire, and Worthy Kids.
What you will learn:
- Research media lists
- Write early drafts of press releases, galley letters, and pitch emails for upcoming titles
- Assist in executing marketing initiatives such as mailings, outreach, brand partnerships, etc.
- Coordinate meeting schedules for status meetings, author/agent conference calls, marketing department meetings, etc.
- Compile and distribute agendas for marketing and sales meetings.
- Create organic posts for social media: gathering links, images and drafting copy
- Write and/or edit keyword optimized thematic book lists, articles, quizzes, and genre-related copy that boosts search discoverability of our books and authors
- Coordinate GoodReads, influencer mailings, and other book giveaways
- Update sections of Hachette website through content management system
- Monitor e-retailer account sites to ensure book and author data are accurate
- Manage sweepstakes including building formstacks, tracking entries and email acquisition efforts, notifying and mailing prizing to winners.
- General new opportunity research (brand partner database/watching competition/marketing trends)
- Perform administrative duties such as route galley copy, process office warehouse orders, track inventory, create galley orders, code invoices and maintain budget grid, coordinate mailings, schedule meetings, create and distribute weekly reports, maintain art request folder
What we look for in an intern:
- A strong desire to learn more about the book publishing industry
- A passion for the written word
- A great attitude and someone who takes initiative to accomplish projects
- A passion for books and an eagerness to tell us about it
- Office experience a plus, but not required
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume AND cover letter. Your cover letter should specify your interest in Hachette Nashville as well as marketing and publicity.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation of $15/hour.