Running Press Book Publishers in is seeking interns for their publicity/marketing department during the 2021 fall season. This is a paid Internship that will run on a semester basis for 12 weeks, beginning in September and running through December. This internship will be remote – candidates must be open to working remotely.
In order to be considered, please submit a cover letter detailing your interest in the role and Running Press.
- Assist with press mailings
- Create online content such as blog posts, excerpts, tweets, etc. for Running press social media platforms
- Write pitch letters, press releases, and related materials with guidance from staff
- Research online book review opportunities for Running Press’ varied book programs within its many genres (Young Adult, Middle Grade, Picture Book, Cookbook, Craft titles, Pop Culture titles…)
- Aid staff on larger campaigns
- English, journalism, or communications major or other relevant major preferred
- Strong interest in publicity and marketing
- Must be able to work a minimum of 12 hours per week in at least 3-hour increments; maximum of 20 hours per week
- Has experience or interest in writing and editing engaging marketing content
- Possesses a positive attitude and a desire to learn
- Loves books and wants to help readers discover new titles and authors they’ll love
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation of $15/hour.