The HRIS Analyst will report to the HRIS Director, who oversees all HR systems and related processes in support of 1,300 employees of Hachette Book Group, a major trade book publisher, with offices throughout US and in Toronto. Duties include maintaining HR data integrity by analyzing audit reports; compiling and manipulating data to create an array of reports and spreadsheets that inform decision-making; and communicating with and relaying employee information to benefits vendors. The Analyst will also provide administrative support for key HR initiatives and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, update and audit all tables within HR system to ensure data integrity and efficient and consistent processes are followed.
- Document processes for HRIS systems including Ultipro and JobVite and create user guidelines. Train system users and employees on processes and functionality.
- Generate reports by writing and maintaining a variety of report queries utilizing Cognos; identify themes and trends
- Audit benefits enrollment data and transfer data to benefits vendors
- Respond to employee inquiries about HR system usage and benefits
- Provide information to Payroll as needed
- Review current processes with a focus on streamlining and ensuring consistent workflows
- Support the HR Team in various initiatives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of HRIS experience
- Familiar with HR systems, such as UltiPro and JobVite
- Advanced Excel skills and proficient in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal, communication, customer service and relationship-building skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to attend to details, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously; an ability to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and complete last-minute requests, as needed
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on skills, experience, and location. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.
For CO Applicants: This position has a compensation range of $50,000-$55,000.