Are you the go-to person in your friend group for book recommendations? Are you as known for your creativity as you are for your organization skills? Forever, an imprint of Grand Central Publishing (a division of Hachette Book Group) is seeking a Publicity & Marketing Associate to work closely with the marketing and publicity department on a diverse mix of titles (romance, women’s fiction, historical fiction) with a strong emphasis on maintenance of Forever’s social media platforms and engaging with our ever-growing book community. We are a small but mighty team and the right candidate will be interested in gaining experience in both publicity and marketing, as the position will include leading select book campaigns, creating and collaborating on newsletters and website content, and keeping on top of all the latest trends in social media and beyond. Reports to the Associate Director of Marketing and Publicity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, monitor, and enhance social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest), enthusiastically connecting with our readers daily and amplifying the platforms of our authors.
- Co-manage and grow our influencer program with an emphasis on connecting with an inclusive group of passionate readers.
- Lead marketing campaigns on select titles, and support Director of Marketing & Publicity and Associate Director of Marketing & Publicity on select book campaigns.
- Create fresh posts and landing pages relevant to our titles and trends on our company website.
- Support the Associate Director of Marketing and Publicity and Assistant Marketing Manager on brand social media and newsletter strategy.
- General administration responsibilities: pitch in with database maintenance, review copy mailings, website site updates, and other departmental organizational tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Interest in book publishing is essential (especially romance, women’s fiction, and historical fiction).
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- College degree preferred.
- A team player with great written and in-person communication habits who understands the importance of brand voice.
- Passionate about connecting with consumers via social media.
- Proven ability to learn new technology.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, and experience on social media platforms.
- Ability to transition between innovative brainstorming and attention to details and deadlines.
- Aptitude for thriving in a work environment that is fast-paced, nimble, and flexible.
- Bonus: a willingness to be on camera and love of photography.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation of $50,000. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.