Hachette Book Group is actively seeking students interested in a career in book publishing to apply for a remote paid internship for Spring 2022.
As an HBG Subrights Intern, you will assist rights staff in the Perseus Books division. The rights department is made up of domestic and international subsidiary rights and we are responsible for managing and selling the rights granted to the publisher by the author. These include, but are not limited to: foreign translation, book club, film/TV, audio, reprints, digital licensing, and permissions.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks and help with special projects. This position is 16 hours per week and runs for 12 weeks, from January-Spring 2022.
What you will work on:
- Create pitch materials for book fairs.
- Assist with production requests.
- Undertake research projects in subsidiary rights.
- Create and send submission materials, manage and update databases.
- Mail author copies of licensed editions.
- Maintain the department email accounts.
- Assist with permission grants for all Hachette Book Group titles.
- A rising junior, senior, or graduate student interested in exploring a career in book publishing
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
- Resourceful with the ability to balance multiple responsibilities and work independently
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume AND cover letter.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.