The subsidiary rights analyst will be the point person for all questions related to the subsidiary accounts at HBG for both foreign and domestic clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and post subsidiary rights income
- Work and report on monthly reconciliation of subsidiary rights accounts.
- Update and revise unearned statements.
- Handle monthly pay-through to the authors.
- Act as point person for subright reviews for biannual payout review.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledgeable with general accounting policies and procedures.
- Able to grasp new systems and procedures quickly and accurately.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (macros, lookup functions, etc.) and familiarity with other MS Office programs.
- Degree in Accounting preferred.
- At least one year of work experience in an accounting environment or school related co-op experience.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
- Must be results driven and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
- Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate.
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.