Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 7th – August 13th and allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest.
As an Art Intern in our Little, Brown Books for Young Readers division, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
Who you are:
- A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing and majoring or minoring in graphic design
- Interest in print production as well as digital assets
- Knowledge or interest in photo retouching
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
- Must have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
What you will learn:
- Mechanical Production and routing
- Participating in your own design project
- Filing and other administrative duties as necessary (such as invoicing and onboarding of independent contractors).
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume, cover letter, and a sample of your work as a PDF or a link to your portfolio.