Hachette Book Group offers remote, paid internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Mobius/Nicholas Brealey, a client publisher of Hachette Book Group, is looking for a Summer-Fall intern, a position that will run from June 7th- December 31st (with the possibility of extension through March).
The intern will work 28 hours per week, and offers students or recent graduates an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest. Interns are placed within specific publishing groups on either the adult or children’s side of the business based on interest, experience, and academic coursework.
As an HBG editorial intern at Hachette Books you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
Who you are:
- A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing with the ability to work 28 hours/week from June through December (this internship will be remote for its duration)
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
- Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
- Resourceful with the ability to balance multiple responsibilities and work independently
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with InDesign, Photoshop and Hootsuite
- Interested in marketing and publicity
- Experience with social media platforms and/or publicity campaigns preferred, but not required
What you will learn:
- Create content and campaigns for social media platforms
- Pull media lists for publicity pitching, draft press releases
- Best practices in author communication
- Assist with mailings and events as requested
- General administrative duties
- Research industry and entertainment trends with the goal of creative marketing and publicity resources across the Mobius and John Murray Press divisions.
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume AND cover letter. Your cover letter should detail why you’re interested in the role and supporting the Mobius and Nicholas Brealey publishing divisions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation of $15/hour.