Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 7th – August 13th and allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in executing marketing initiatives such as mailings, outreach, brand partnerships, etc.
- Coordinate meeting schedules for status meetings, author/agent conference calls, marketing department meetings, etc.
- Compile and distribute agendas for GCP marketing and sales meetings.
- Compile marketing and sales recap reports, launch reports, and coop for meetings and author presentations.
- Write and/or edit keyword optimized thematic book lists, articles, quizzes, and genre-related copy that boosts search discoverability of our books and authors
- Evaluate competitor data and identify new keyword opportunities
- Update social media accounts several times daily and monitor author social media
- Coordinate GoodReads and other book giveaways
- Update sections of Hachette website through content management system
- Monitor e-retailer account sites to ensure book and author data are accurate
- Maintain NetGalley
- Admin duties include: route galley copy, create galley orders, code invoices and maintain budget grid, coordinate mailings, schedule meetings, create and distribute weekly reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing, with a particular interest in marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel required
- Photoshop/InDesign preferred
- Familiarity with social media platforms required
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Rigorous attention to detail
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume AND cover letter. Your cover letter should specify your interest in Grand Central Publishing as well as marketing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation range of $11/hour-$15/hour. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.