Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 7th – August 13th and allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest.
As the Hachette Book Group Marketing Strategy marketing content intern, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a variety of direct-to-consumer marketing campaigns. In this role, you will work with managers to develop search engine optimized content for HachetteBookGroup.com, as well as for our mystery and thriller site, NovelSuspects.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write and/or edit keyword optimized thematic book lists, articles, quizzes, and genre-related copy that boosts search discoverability of HBG brands, books, and authors
- Develop Posts and Landing Pages on WordPress and internally link content on relevant pages across the site
- Evaluate competitor data and identify new keyword opportunities for HBG brands and authors
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is a detail-oriented, self-starter with excellent writing and organizational skills
- Has experience writing and editing engaging marketing content
- Is familiar with search engine optimization tools such as Moz and Alexa
- Has a working knowledge of WordPress
- Possesses a positive attitude and a desire to learn
- Loves books and wants to help readers discover new titles and authors they’ll love
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation range of $11/hour-$15/hour. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.