Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 7th – August 13th and allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest.
As an HBG remote Subrights Intern, you will assist rights staff in the Perseus Books division. The rights department is made up of domestic and international subsidiary rights and we are responsible for managing and selling the rights granted to the publisher by the author. These include, but are not limited to: foreign translation, book club, film/TV, audio, reprints, digital licensing, and permissions. You will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks and help with special projects.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
Who you are:
- A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
- Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
What you will learn:
- Create pitch materials for book fairs.
- Assist with production requests.
- Undertake research projects in subsidiary rights.
- Create and send submission materials, manage and update databases.
- Mail author copies of translated editions.
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume AND cover letter.