Hachette Books, an imprint of Perseus Books, a Hachette Book Group company, is seeking an intern in our Publicity Department, running from January-March The paid internship is 16-20 hours per week, at $15 per hour.
The intern will assist on any and all project-related tasks including pulling lists, sending out mailings/fulfilling review copy requests, writing press materials, updating databases, coding bills, helping book travel, writing social media copy, coordinating giveaways, helping to manage author tour schedules, and more.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A passion for non-fiction, and a strong interest in learning about book publishing and publicity specifically
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be organized, capable of multi-tasking, and detail-oriented
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Must demonstrate imagination, creativity, original thinking, and ability to take initiative
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, and Excel
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.