Political Campaign Internship
Hans Riemer for County Executive is looking for remote and in-person interns for a competitive 2022 election. Applicants from college, high school, and more are encouraged to apply!
Interns will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a modern progressive campaign. Prospective applicants will be placed in one of five departments: Digital & Social Media, Organizing, Research & Policy, Finance, or Direct Voter Contact. Previous experience is not required and interns will be taught the fundamentals of their department.
If you are looking to expand your resume before midterms, find an internship for winter break, or apply early for a summer internship, this is a great way to learn how an actual campaign runs, gain the basic skills needed to be an effective political organizer and strategist, and build your professional network.
In case you are wondering what a County Executive is: it is a pretty big deal. The County Executive serves a similar role to a Mayor in a city, or a Governor in a state. Located just outside of DC, Montgomery County has over 1 million residents. And because of the structure of Maryland’s government, the Montgomery County Executive is one of the most important County Executive offices in the whole United States.
Responsibilities could include (depending on department placement):
- Communicate with voters and assist with call time and engagement events
- Assist department heads and senior staff with needs as they arise
- Spearhead political organizing program among other students in your community
- Organize grassroots volunteers across the district
- Manage donor lists and engage with prospective donors
- Assist the call time manager and the candidate in fundraising prep
- Social media content creation and idea development
- Compile press clippings and relevant stories
- A weekly time commitment of 20+ hours
- Completing a minimum of one voter contact shift per week
- We will work with your institution to provide school credit for this internship
To Apply: Click on the following link, https://forms.gle/HaqXTxsCrc1yf4nr5. Please submit any questions to email@example.com
Hans is a progressive At-large Member of the Montgomery County Council who is running for MoCo County Executive. Growing up in Oakland, California, Hans learned from an early age that progressive social change is necessary for disadvantaged communities to make progress, and has dedicated his career to that cause since.
Hans understands the crucial role that young people play in politics and wants to ensure Democrats are training the next generation of political activists and leaders. He first worked with Rock the Vote to register nearly a million young voters during the 2004 election, and then went on to join the Obama campaign in 2007 as the National Youth Director.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, non-disqualifying handicap, veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, or upon any other unlawful basis.