The Data Analyst position will provide an individual an opportunity to offer insights regarding clients, competitors, and financial markets in support of business decisions across the firm. The Data Analyst will contribute to client proposals, marketing materials, and client deliverables with an emphasis on leveraging the firm’s attribution, portfolio accounting, and client relationship management systems. Furthermore, the Data Analyst will maintain database tables and queries and manage updates to consultant databases, prospect proposals, and questionnaires, while proactively seeking out and participating in efforts to refine the team’s and the firm’s processes. An individual interested in automation will strengthen their skills by assisting in the automation of manual data management activities.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical and programming skills and a natural curiosity for organizing, manipulating, reformatting, harmonizing, and interpreting data with the ability to draw actionable conclusions to benefit different end-users within the firm. The individual will work closely with investment, client service, operations, technology, and business development professionals.
This role is suited for candidates who have:
• Up to three years of related experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, analytics, or another related field
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Fluency in one or multiple programming languages such as SQL or Python (pandas/NumPy stack or REST API) required
• Familiarity with visualization tools such as Tableau preferred
• Knowledge of financial metrics, mutual funds, separately managed accounts, composites, international investing, and the asset management industry preferred
• Factset or other attribution system experience preferred
• Salesforce experience preferred